Finding a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Lubbock
Involved in a motorcycle accident? Facing serious injuries? We can help – reach out today to tell us your story. Consultations are free. Offices in Odessa, TX, Albuquerque, Hobbs, NM, and Lubbock, TX.
It’s important to remember that Texas law allows you to recover from the at-fault driver in a motorcycle accident. Don’t let your emotions boil over as you try to manage your growing costs and expenses while recovering from your injuries.
No one understands the impact a motorcycle injury has on every aspect of your life more than an experienced Lubbock motorcycle accident lawyer. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Lubbock can help.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
After a motorcycle accident, it’s understandable that you may not have the clarity of mind to remember what to do. However, if you keep in mind some of these steps, it may help your motorcycle accident attorney in Lubbock build a strong case on your behalf.
- Stay on the scene—Do not leave the scene of a motorcycle accident. Stay on the scene to speak with first responders and law enforcement officers.
- Seek medical attention—It’s vital to prioritize your health and safety. Check if you or any passengers were injured, and if so, contact emergency personnel to provide medical assistance.
- Document injuries—Obtain a complete medical evaluation of the injuries suffered in your motorcycle accident. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Lubbock uses this information to calculate your economic damages.
- Notify authorities—Although Texas requires you to report an auto accident only if the accident resulted in property damage valued at least $1,000 to any vehicle or if there were physical injuries or fatalities, it’s still wise to report every accident to make a record.
- Be careful in what you say—Insurance companies may try to persuade you to accept initial settlement offers or make admissions of guilt. Don’t tell anyone that it was your fault or that you’re sorry. Do not speak with anyone until you contact a Lubbock motorcycle accident attorney.
- Get Information—Gather information at the scene of the motorcycle accident if physically able. Obtain the names, contact information, and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident. Additionally, take photographs of any property damage and the surrounding area to your attorney.
Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lubbock immediately after your accident to discuss your options and next steps. Acting quickly may feel overwhelming, but it’s vital if you are contemplating filing a lawsuit.
What Are the Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle riders often take proactive steps to reduce their risk of getting into an accident. Despite these efforts, motorcycle accidents continue to occur daily throughout Texas. In 2019, there were 413 motorcyclists killed in motorcycle crashes in Texas.
The following represent the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Texas:
- Distracted drivers—Those distracted by cell phone use, taking pictures, scrolling through social media, changing radio stations, and other distracting activities significantly increase the risk of causing a collision.
- Speeding and reckless driving—Those who speed or drive recklessly increase the possibility of causing a collision.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol—Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is not only against the law but often results in catastrophic or deadly consequences.
- Failure to yield—When a driver cuts off an oncoming motorcyclist or fails to yield to the right of way at an intersection, this often causes a motorcycle accident. Drivers must obey Texas roadway laws. If they fail to do so and cause an accident, they may be responsible for a resulting collision.
- Following or passing too closely—When drivers become frustrated or angry, they may engage in road-rage-type behavior such as following or passing too closely.
- Dangerous roads—Riding on dangerous roads with potholes and other hazards often increases the likelihood of a motorcycle accident.
No matter what caused your motorcycle accident, contact a Lubbock motorcycle accident lawyer as your first step. You have a right to pursue compensation against a negligent party who caused the accident. A qualified attorney can examine your case to determine the at-fault party and how to maximize your financial recovery.
How Can a Lubbock Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help Me?
You may understandably feel overwhelmed at the prospect of pursuing a lawsuit after suffering injuries in a motorcycle accident. But it’s important to get compensation for your injuries and property damage. While you focus on your recovery, your attorney works in the following ways to help you recover what you deserve.
Investigate the Accident
Your attorney investigates your accident by obtaining police reports, interviewing witnesses, and examining other records like medical reports, photographs, and invoices. This information helps create a chronology of events leading up to your accident and helps establish the at-fault driver’s liability.
Building Your Claim
Your Lubbock motorcycle accident lawyer helps create an average value for your lawsuit after carefully reviewing all the evidence in light of your situation. This information assists in discussions regarding settlement offers and judgments in your case.
Understanding how to negotiate with insurance companies and opposing counsel should be left to your attorney. With mounting medical expenses and an inability to work, any money offer may be welcome. However, your attorney understands the actual value of your case and negotiates on your behalf to reach a fair and just settlement offer.
Your attorney prepares your case for trial if a settlement cannot be reached. Going through a trial requires the legal representation of a qualified Lubbock motorcycle accident lawyer. Litigation represents a complex area of personal injury law and requires expert witnesses, accident reconstruction experts, medical professionals, and other parties.
Since 1984, the attorneys at Fadduol, Cluff, Hardy & Conaway, P.C., have focused their practice on helping injured victims recover compensation from liable parties. We understand what you are going through. Suffering debilitating injuries in a motorcycle accident is an event no one should go through alone
Our team of attorneys is ready to stand up for your rights today. We handle various claims and cases and have secured multiple multi-million dollar settlements and judgments for our clients. Contact us today for a free consultation.