If you’ve experienced an oil field accident, call the injury and accident lawyers at FCHC today. Whether you’re in Texas, New Mexico, or North Dakota, we can help. Offices in Odessa, TX, Albuquerque, Hobbs, NM, and Lubbock, TX.
Oil Field Injury Lawyers Serving Texas, New Mexico, and North Dakota
Suffering an injury while at work can feel devastating.
What if you can’t go back to work?
How will you pay for medical bills?
The team at FCHC Law is ready to help.
When you suffer an injury at work, especially because of someone else’s negligence, the insurance company owes you fair compensation.
Unfortunately, they don’t always want to pay. That’s where we come in.
We are tough negotiators and we won’t stop until you get everything you’re owed. We consider every angle, and we take your case personally.
The Danger of Working in the Oil Field – Accidents and Injuries
Oil field workers work under some of the most dangerous conditions in the country.
With America drilling for more oil than years past, oilfield accidents continue to rise countrywide. Some reports show that oilfield workers are 7 times more likely to experience a fatal injury.
One must not underestimate the dangerous conditions under which oilfield workers labor.
Those who have sustained an injury on the job can collect compensation.
The skilled oilfield injury attorneys at Fadduol, Cluff, Hardy, & Conaway, P.C. have managed claims for hundreds of oilfield workers. We have seen a wide array of on-the-job injuries. It’s important that you hire an experienced oil field injury attorney to manage your claim.
Personal Injury or Workers’ Compensation Claims in Oilfield Accidents
If an oilfield accident caused your injuries, contact an experienced injury and accident attorney. You should find someone who is familiar with oil field accident cases. Even when you believe the injuries to be mild, serious complications could arise.
In some cases, this may mean filing a claim with your employer’s workers comp insurance. In other cases, it could mean thoroughly investigating the scene for signs of negligence.
Sometimes, your employer’s own negligence is to blame. Other times it could be the result of shoddy industrial equipment. In any of these cases, you’ll get a better result if you have a skilled oil field injury lawyer advocating on your behalf.
Types of Oilfield Injuries
There are a number of dangers that oilfield workers potentially face, and there are a number of reasons why your workplace may not be as safe as it should be.
If any of these describe your accident or your injuries, you may have a cause of action against your employer:
- Inadequately trained workers can put the lives of those around them at risk. If another employee’s incompetence caused the injury, your employer may be to blame.
- Oilfield workers are at an increased risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. As long as you followed company safety protocols and did not endanger yourself, you can collect damages.
- Explosions and chemical fires are usually the result of poorly trained employees, shoddy industrial equipment, or lapsed safety standards in the workplace. If you have injuries, you can collect compensation.
- Exposure to sulfur hydroxide fumes can cause respiratory damage if inhaled and can even burn the skin on contact.
- Overworked employees often become careless. If you and your fellow employees are not given adequate rest periods, chances are an oilfield accident is inevitable.
- Defective machinery or poorly maintained machinery are a cause of several different kinds of oilfield accidents.
- Mine or trench collapses are easily avoidable and result in serious injuries to oilfield employees.
In addition, your employer may not have adequate safeguards in place to ensure the safety employees. They may not have adequate safety regulations or an emergency protocol. When that’s the case, you may have cause to sue your employer.
It’s their responsibility to maintain safeguards and safety regulations.
Call an Experienced Oil Field Injury Attorney Today
The attorneys at FCHC have experience litigating oilfield injury accident claims. If you are suffering after an oilfield accident, give us a call at (800) 433-2408 or contact us online for a free personal injury case consultation.
We can begin working on your claim today.