Settlements for Oilfield Hand Injuries
According to statistics, hand and finger injuries make up almost half of all oilfield injuries.
These injuries often require extensive medical treatment. If the worker cannot get well, then he often cannot return to the oilfield, since he will be unable to properly do his job without a fully functioning hand.
At our firm, our oil field injury lawyers help clients seek a settlement for oilfield hand injuries by holding the at-fault party legally responsible. For immediate assistance, please contact us online or call (800) 433-2408 today to request a free consultation.
Read on for more information about how to get started.
Common Types of Oil Field Hand Injuries
We have extensive experience helping workers who have suffered many types of hand injuries in oilfield accidents, including:
- Crush injuries
Because the hand and fingers have so many nerve endings, injuries to this part of the body are especially painful, leaving workers unable to return to the oilfield. Extreme pain can be difficult to manage and can cause secondary problems, such as depression, sleeplessness, and irritability.
Receiving a Settlement for Your Oil Field Hand Injury
Whether you can receive a settlement will depend on who is responsible for your injury.
- If the worker caused the accident, then he cannot hold someone else responsible. He is to blame, and the law affords no remedy.
- If the employer caused the accident, the worker typically cannot sue because of New Mexico’s workers’ compensation laws. Instead, a worker will need to settle for workers’ comp benefits.
- If a third party is responsible for the accident, then the worker can seek compensation. For example, a manufacturer of a defective product could be responsible for the hand injury.
Meet with an attorney to discuss your options. Sometimes it is obvious who is to blame, but in other situations an investigation is necessary. A lawyer can listen to your complaint and determine whether you have a valid legal claim.
[juris_cta heading=”GET COMPENSATED FOR YOUR INJURIES.” content=”We have held some of the nation’s largest oil companies responsible for their negligent behavior.” button=”DISCUSS YOUR CASE WITH US”]
What Compensation is Available for Injured Oilfield Workers?
Injured oilfield workers can receive compensation for many different injuries and losses, such as:
- Medical expenses to treat your hand injury. Expenses can include surgery or doctor’s visits, as well as rehabilitation, prescription drugs, and transportation to the hospital.
- Lost wages, if you could not work while recovering.
- Pain and suffering, to cover your physical pain and mental anguish.
Seeking compensation in a settlement is often ideal, since workers’ compensation benefits are typically inadequate.
For example, workers’ comp will pay for all necessary medical care but usually only a portion of your wages (typically two-thirds your average weekly wage). Workers’ comp also will not pay out any money for pain and suffering or other intangible losses. By seeking a settlement for your oilfield hand injuries, you can get more compensation.
Contact Our Oilfield Injury Attorneys for Help
The oil industry is vital to New Mexico’s and Texas’ economy, but too many workers are injured every year in accidents that are entirely preventable.
If you would like to see if you have a legal claim, please contact us online or call (800) 433-2408 today. One of the attorneys at Fadduol, Cluff, Hardy & Conaway will be pleased to meet with you to discuss your case.
Avoid delay, because Texas and New Mexico give you a limited amount of time to pursue a claim.